There are so many options available today when it comes to planning your hotel accommodations. For instance you can choose a hotel, motel, resort, bed and breakfast and so on. When you travel to large cities or when there is an event taking place in an area, many hotels want to charge high prices to stay in boring, drab rooms without any of the comforts of home. The next time you travel you may want to consider an alternative option to using a hotel.
Airbnb is one of the best affordable options for many travelers today. Airbnb is a community based marketplace where local people with rooms to rent are linked with travelers looking for comfortable and inexpensive places to stay. Many of the accommodations listed at Airbnb are from people who own second vacation homes or rooms where the owner is usually away.
The types of accommodations listed suit the needs of travelers with budget tastes as well as those seeking luxury high-rise apartments. Currently there is listing for an apartment in New York for $100 a night. Considering that most hotels charge $220 a night or more this could be considered a bargain. There are rooms available in just about every country or city, which is of great benefit to travelers who may be visiting out-of-the way areas where there are not a lot of hotels nearby.
The transaction process to reserve accommodations is done in a secure manner that protects both the host and traveler. You may want to consider the following benefits to using this service when you make your next travel accommodations:
Rent unique accommodations such as a castle, sailboat or beachfront villa
More amenities available to guests such as access to a full kitchen and/or washer dryer and more
Most rooms are less expensive than what you pay for a regular hotel
Safe transactions between hosts and guests
A rating system that rates the owner as well as the guest
Visitors have access to the owner who is usually knowledgeable about the area nearby|With the rising costs of airfare and accommodations, travelers have to use every resource they can to cut travel costs. An effective way to avoid pricy hotels, thereby reducing the cost of accommodations, is to rent through AirBnB.com. The website offers a platform for owners in 192 countries to list a range of properties – everything from a typical flat to a treehouse – or a portion of their properties for rent.
West Frankfort airbnb
6 out of
Here are 5 tips to help you navigate through AirBnB’s listings in West Frankfort:
1) Location, location, location: Choose a location that interests you and that provides a convenient base from which to explore your destination. For select locations, AirBnB now gives you the option to explore available rentals by neighborhood. Neighborhoods in Berlin, for example, are categorized by factors such as trendiness, local appeal, and areas that boast great dining options.
2) Pay attention to pictures and reviews: Unless you don’t mind staying in a dump, don’t downplay the importance of pictures and reviews. If a rental that you’re interested in doesn’t have sufficient, quality pictures, then immediately count it out as a possibility. Also, if a listing doesn’t have reviews, if it has negative reviews, or if it has decent reviews but not enough reviews, it’s a no-brainer to cross it off of your list of prospects.
3) Cancellation policy: Be sure to pay close attention to the owner’s cancellation policy which can range from being very lenient to being very strict. Awhile back, my husband and I booked an apartment in Copenhagen and ended up having to cancel the trip. Because we hadn’t carefully reviewed the cancellation policy prior to booking, we were only refunded 50% of the total rental cost. We could’ve been given a full refund if we’d booked an accommodation with a more lenient cancellation policy.
4) Avoid the red tape: My husband and I recently considered booking a rental for a trip we’re planning to Italy. Although the apartment was gorgeous and the reviews were all positive, many of the reviewers mentioned that upon meeting the owner to pick up the keys, the owner handed them a rental agreement to sign which was drafted in Italian. We changed our minds about that particular listing because we didn’t want to sign an agreement for such a short time and because we don’t read (or speak) Italian! Similarly, you should avoid renting if you’re uncomfortable with any of the rental terms and conditions or if the owner tries to make you jump through any unforeseen hoops.
5) Parking: If you plan on renting a car, make sure that the cost of your rental includes the use of a parking space, or ensure that there’s affordable parking nearby.
Which Should I Go For, AirBnB or Couchsurfing in Franklin County?
The are many people who are cottoning on to the fact that there are plenty of alternatives to hotels and hostels when it comes to making the most of a city break. But there are two schools of thought when it comes to collaborative travel: on the one hand we have those who opt into the capitalist economy and opt for a paying stay to stay in someone’s home and on the other we have those who espouse instead the wonderful benefits of the ‘freeconomy’. Just for the sake of it, lets take a look at which of these two systems might be better for world travellers, and which might be better for those who are letting strangers stay in their homes.
The Pros of Paying Systems:
The whole thing is on a stable footing. No one gets the wrong idea about the arrangements, expectations or duties. This is a business arrangement, pure and simple and everyone can understand that.
The host gets money that can help them pay their mortgage and deal with the practical everyday matters that can’t be seen to without cash. (We can’t get very far trying to live entirely in a freeconomy when no one else is.)
The Cons of Paying Systems:
The whole thing is just a business arrangement. This may make it harder for organic friendships to form. Some might say it also perpetuates the capitalist, grasping mindset.
There could be some awkwardness over the exchange of money in someone’s home. Should you ask extra for meals? What about for the utilities if your guest takes a shower or wants to wash their clothes? Even if you have agreed things up front, where do you draw the line without turning the whole thing into an exercise in greed.
The Pros of Free Systems:
This is an altruistic system, allowing for free exchange of knowledge, skills, information and most of all good will. It is the antidote to the commercialisation that plagues most of daily life. Kindness and co-operation are found around the world and these wonderful things are shown off through schemes where people allow strangers to stay for free. It gives you faith in humanity that not everything has to come back down to hard, cold cash.
You can get a lot out of it besides money. Though you are not gaining financially from the deal, you will gain much more in other ways and may even make life-long friends without anything being muddied by money.
Looking to earn extra money in Illinois?
A bit of spare time and a spare room. That’s all you need to get started boosting your
income as a host on Airbnb. Whether you want to become an entrepreneur and work
for yourself or you already have a full-time job and just hope to make some extra cash
in your free time, you can find what you’re looking for on Airbnb. You get to choose
when and how often you host. You can share a spare room in your apartment, host
your whole home the next time you’re out of town, or create a listing for a vacation
house, if you have one. Airbnb makes it simple to earn extra money by putting your
extra space to work for you.
The online process to create a listing is pretty quick and easy”you write descriptions
of your space, upload photos, and mark dates your space is available to travelers. And
it’s always free to create a listing.
So just how much could you make hosting on Airbnb? Find out what hosts in your area
are making, and start imagining the possibilities. Besides saving for travel, Airbnb
hosts use their extra income to pay off student loans, upgrade their home, and pursue
their passions. Airbnb makes the payment process simple, too. Guests are charged
when a reservation is made, and funds are typically released to hosts 24 hours after
check-in. How you’re paid is up to you: You can set up direct deposit, PayPal, or a
number of other options.
Once you’re a host, Airbnb has all kinds of cool tools to help you feel comfortable and
confident welcoming guests. You can find hosting tips on the Airbnb blog and get your
questions answered by experienced, successful hosts in the Community Center.
Nervous about the safety of your home and belongings when you’re away? Airbnb’s
got your back: In the rare event an accident happens, your property is covered up to a
million dollars when you host”it’s peace of mind for you at no extra charge. And as for
the folks staying at your place, everyone who travels on Airbnb needs to submit a profile
photo and confirmed phone number and email address. For extra assurance, you can
also require your guests to submit a government-issued ID.